Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Free Dinner

It's an unforgettable day. The opposition parties have somehow enforced a complete closure of all the shops, businesses etc. in Delhi for a day to oppose the government's policies. Even the hostel mess and the canteen are down. It's dinner time and all of us in the hostel are hungry as hell. But, there's no option. All the restaurants, eating joints are closed.

Then Mr. ----- comes up with something in his hand. On close examination it looks like a wedding reception invitation. All sorts of epithets come to my mind for him as he is gonna have a sumptuous dinner while we all here would just roll from side to side on our beds.

He hands over the invitation card to me. I think he's giving it to me to have a look. I open up the envelope and take out the card. It says '----- weds -----' ( I don't remember the names). He then points to us that it's his gf's sister's wedding. I take another look at the card and an anomaly crops up. His gf's name starts with the same letter but it's a different name...which means a different girl. When did he end with his last endeavour that he is now into a new one ?

Anyway, three of us get a free dinner invite and we are off to Noida in a car (supposedly his gf's car).

No comments: