Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Runaway Groom

I am a village boy and the scene start with me running away from home. It's a pretty poor village with people living in lowly conditions. There have been rains for the last few days and so muddy pools can be seen all around.

I run and run and reach some other village where I hide in a corner of a abandoned house. I stand there for a few hours without food or water covered up in mud gathered over the past few hours.

The scene changes. I(I here on my bed , not that village boy) see a search party being formed from the village. They go to look in the neighbouring villages. After a few hours of desperate searching, one young lad with a danda finds me. Because he had that danda which shook off the thoughts of fighting and running away again, I had to submit.

So I am brought back to village and it is here that the story becomes clear. The time setting is somewhere in India around 50 years back when child marriages were common. I didn't want to marry and hence ran away.

Now the twist. Since I had run away ,so the girl was married off to some other fat kid and she actually turned out to be my very close friend. What a sad day! I had run away coz of the thought that the girl to be dumped on me was some ugly fat lass. DHOKHA ho gaya...

1 comment:

Manish said...

i was wondering if u know about a disorder called 'sleep paralysis' in which physilogy part of brian goes to sleep and the phycology part comes awake. this cause people to see or feel some situation so closely as to consider this as smthing real. this disorder has been used to explain so many UFOs and Alien sighting especially by the Americans, a witch sighting by the Russians and so many gods and goddesses sightings by the Indians